About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Friday, January 18, 2019

Becoming A Satyagrahi

In the final unit of my elective humanities class, Global Peace, we continued to study violence and intervention. We also continued our studies of Gandhi and is 4 principles of nonviolence and Sharp's Methods. We did not have much time between our last project before winter break, and this project just after. We had a visit from Under A Tree which is a Socratic school organization. We talked about different beliefs and how we deal with our differences. We visited ALSO which is a violence intervention group where we learned about how to intervene peacefully in violent situations. For this project, we had to do our own violence intervention. Most of the class had been working on this project for the entire term or longer. I chose to use my time coaching skating to intervene with childhood health problems like obesity.



I really did like this project because we actually got to do something real. I really liked working with the kids and I am happy that I got to use my experience to fo a school project. This was a difficult project, because I did the actual intervention a while ago, and I had to piece things back together. I am proud that I had an impact on some people in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...