About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

9/11: An Educational Perspective

This is the first unit of Equality, our second Senior Humanities class. In this first unit called "History," we learned about inequality in history. Our main reading of the unit was Ta Nehisi Coates Case for Reparations. We explored different events in American history and looked at them from the perspective of race, gender, and class. Events like slavery, the civil rights movement, the suffragette movement were all key to look at in this unit. For a Field Experience this Unit, we went to the Gene Siskel Film Center to see the film, Harriet. We talked a lot about slavery in class and this movie directly related to what we were talking about. As a school, we went to the Goodman Theatre to see the play, Roe. This is about the Supreme Court Case Roe v. Wade. This also tied into our studies of women's rights in class. For this action project, we had to look at a historical event from a marginalized perspective. I am interested in 9/11 so that is what I chose. I looked at 9/11 from the perspective of a Muslim American. We had to write a textbook article and include the perspective of a marginalized person. Enjoy my project.

In the end, I am proud of how this project came out. I really enjoyed the format and didn't find it too challenging. I am proud that I was able to get this done all out of class and mostly on my own. I liked making the educational devices and formatting the project. I would have liked to go into more detail on the people who actually experienced 9/11. Overall, I am very happy with how this project came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...