About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Figure Skating: 2016 - 2017

I have been figure skating for the past 3 years. I started off rough. When I was 7, my dad took me ice skating for the first time at the rink I practice at today. While we were skating I fell and broke my leg. My parents thought I would never have the courage to ice skate again. Years later when I was 12 years old I asked my mom to sign me up for skating lessons. I was enrolled in one of the most basic levels at the rink. I skated once a week for an hour and soon enough it became ice show time. Every year my rink puts on a huge show to showcase skaters from tots to triple jumps. I was in an ice show for the very first time and I liked it. I continued skating and started to learn how to jump and spin. Before I knew it I was a competitive full-time figure skater. I have also been on a synchronized skating team for 2 years. We compete at least 3 times a year and practice twice a week. Currently, I am at the Preliminary level and am still going strong. I am learning my double jumps and axels, which is a huge milestone for skaters. I am getting so much more flexible and so much closer to consistent axels and doubles. I am getting better and better every day, and couldn't be happier with my sport. My skating friends and coaches are my families and I love my rink. I have learned that as a figure skater you need to be strong, graceful, kind, and most of all confident.Figure skating is a frustrating sport that takes time and patience.If you are interested in skating visit Learn to Skate USA here. To see a log of my hours click here.

Here are some photos of me practicing:
CM "Spread Eagle" (2017)

CM "Ina Bauer" (2017)

CM "Spiral" (2017)

CM "Flexibility" (2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...