About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Friday, May 12, 2017

Yeasty Beasties

For our second action project for our Food class, we were asked to bake bread. In the class, we were on our unit "cooking" so we learned all about leavening agents and baking science. For our Field Experience, my Grandma who has been a cooking instructor for the last 40 years, came into our class to do a baking demonstration and help us make different kinds of baked goods. We learned how leavening agents work and how unleavened bread tastes and feels. For this action project, we were asked to bake bread in 3 different groups and analyze the results. We baked loaves of bread with different kinds of leavening agents, they were: yeast, baking soda, and sourdough starter. My group was the yeast group. I really liked this project, I thought that it was very interesting and I really liked the hands-on aspect of this project. I thought the most challenging aspect was analyzing everything. There were a lot of steps, but I am very proud of how the bread came out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...