About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

OMG it's GMOs

For our 3rd and final unit of our food class, we learned all about genetics, and GMOs. We learned how to analyze graphs, and create punnet squares. We took a field experience to Green City Market in Lincoln Park to talk to some farmers and vendors about their stances on GMOs. For the action project, we were asked to debate whether we are pro-GMO or anti-GMO. I chose anti-GMO because I always tended to lean towards that side. We were asked to either create a slideshow or an essay about our stance on GMOs. We needed to include an emotional/ethical appeal as well as a graph backing up our position. In the end, I thought this project was pretty difficult because of the fact that we had to get a quote from an actual farmer, as well as the graph. I am most proud of how it came out and am very happy to be done with freshman year.




Food: GMO Debate- CM from GCE Lab School on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...