About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Printing in 3D for GCE

In my elective class Rapid Prototyping, we are finishing up our 3rd and final unit. In this unit called "3D" we learned about everything 3D. We learned the differences between Cartesian and Delta 3D printers, and we learned about functions and Riemann sums. We took a field experience to the Museum of Science and Industry. At the museum we looked at the Fast Forward exhibit which shows innovations that scientests have made. We also saw the Toy Maker 3000 which is basically a mini factory. The last one we saw was Robot Revolution where we saw all sorts of different robots and  how they work. For this action project we were asked to partner up. I was hesitant at first because I like to do perfect work, but I got a good partner and we only had to design the object togther. We had to make the object useful around the school. We also made the object out of clay and cardboard which was messy and difficult. I didn't really have any trouble with the 3D printer but the cardboard model was very painful and took a long time. I pulled through and I ended up with a nonfunctional cardboard model. You can make your own marker holder by clicking here! Our design was remixed from Thingiverse user kielerr. You can check out their original design here. This action project was done with partners so you can check out my partner GGS's blog here.



In the end, I liked this project. It was essentially the same project 3 different times, but they were all pretty easy projects and I liked how each one came out. My favorite part of this poject was learning how to use the 3D printer and designing a object to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...