About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Weather in the Future


For Unit 3 of our Water class we were asked to make a forecast for a city of our choice as a slide show. In unit 3 we learned all about weather and climate change. We took an FE to the nature museum to visit a small exhibit on weather and climate change, and we also went to the Lincoln Park Conservatory to learn about greenhouses and the greenhouse effect. We learned about clods,and weather, and how storms form. We also skyped with a meteorologist form Florida whom we asked questions to. I chose Minneapolis as my dad had lived there, I was well ahead of this unit so my teacher gave me a different assignment: a presentation to the class on my knowledge of tornadoes. I thought this project was pretty easy to do. The writing itself didn't take a long time, citing the pictures did. The purpose of this assignment was for us to try to use our knowledge of weather patterns and statistics to make predictions, based on averages. I thought this was a fun assignment and I learned a lot about Minneapolis. The most challenging part was getting a picture on each slide. I think the most rewarding part about it is having all my Water class action projects done, so I can move into the elective term easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...