About Me

I am a student at GCE Lab School in Chicago. This is my blog to show all my work.

Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Solar Panels: The Bright Future

For our 2nd unit in our Fuel class, we learned all about physics and energy. We did some experiments on potential energy and also played around with systems of equations and other math concepts. Fuel class itself is all about well, fuel and pollution, resources, and energy. I learned a lot of math concepts in this unit. Most of them weren't new, but I was glad I got a chance to review them again and feel more confident. For our 2nd Action Project, we were asked to pick a renewable resource and research it to try to sell it to a company looking to switch. We were to make a 2-3 minute infomercial about the resource, its advantages and disadvantages, its history, and most importantly; try to figure out how much it would cost by using functions and graphing. I am most proud of how the video came out. I have never used any video-recording software before, but I used Screencastify which was super easy to use. My video is about solar energy, and specifically why the superstore Wal-Mart switched to solar energy. In the end I think the most challenging part was calculating the functions because they were pretty rough estimates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marine Biodiversity Literature Review

It's officially my last action project at GCE! I've done over 80 action projects and here is my last. This project is for my last Se...